The Courier Eco Latino newspaper is proud to recognize black owned businesses in our community that put their best foot forward every day. It is only fitting that the Courier Eco Latino, the voice of community, is the outlet in which to express our appreciation and gratitude for their hard work and commitment to excellence,” said Wane A. Hailes, Publisher
Here’s how the selection process works:
Visit www.couriernews.org to submit your nominations. You can submit the name of your favorite black-owned business, entrepreneur or organization between October 7 – October 21, 2019. Finalists will be announced on October 24, 2019. Voters will be allowed to vote for the top finalists through November 7, 2019. Votes will be tallied and the winner from each category will be announced at the Best of the Best Black and Brown Awards. To ensure that your choice wins in each category, nominate daily and vote everyday.
1. To be eligible for the Best of the Best Black and Brown Award, a
business/organization or individual must meet all qualifications in their respective
categories, and the business or individual should reside or operate within Muscogee and or Russell Counties.
2. The Business/Organization must be Black or Hispanic owned (the majority owner must be Black or Hispanic).
3. Individuals i.e. TV personality, cosmetologists, barbers, etc. nominated must be Black or Hispanic.
4. Winners are selected by receiving the highest number of votes. The company, person, or organization (“candidate”) with the most votes in a particular category will receive the Best of the Best Black and Brown Award. There can only be one winner for each category. Votes are counted accordingly and cannot be transferred from one contest or category to another.
5. One nomination entry for each category per day with a valid email address can be submitted during the nominations process.
6. One vote per day with a valid email address can be submitted during the voting process.
Contest Terms and Conditions:
1. Online ballots only list the candidates that have been nominated.
2. Nominations are accumulated via writing in their selections in the appropriate space under each category. Votes are accumulated through online voting. Online totals are generated through voters choosing one of the candidates listed. If a voter writes in the name of a candidate already listed, that write-in vote is added to their overall total. Due to spelling errors, best efforts are made to standardize the write-in nominations to match an existing business. The final total for each candidate is determined by the compiled total of all online votes. Vote totals will not be published.
3. It is the intention of the Courier Eco Latino to present the awards in each category posted; however, a candidate (Best of the Best Black and Brown Award participant or write-in) must receive a minimum of fifty (50) votes to receive any award. If no one receives that minimum, the Courier Eco Latino reserves the right to eliminate the category and not announce any winners. The right to award is also reserved depending on the minimum vote total received by the candidates.
4. The Courier Eco Latino will not present awards to companies that are not located within Muscogee County or Russell County for which they won.
5. The Courier Eco Latino will not present awards to companies (Best of the Best Black and Brown Award participant or write-in) with a Better Business Bureau (BBB) letter grade of F. The Courier Eco Latino will verify the BBB letter grades at the end of the Best in Black and Brown voting period www.bbb.org .
6. Nominations will run from 10/7/19 through 10/21/19. Voting will run from 10/24/19 through 11/7/19. The online voting site will only be active during this time.
7. The Courier Eco Latino reserves the right to determine what categories will be
included in the contest.
8. The Courier Eco Latino reserves the right to refuse votes for businesses, individuals or organizations that are deemed not appropriate for the category for which they were cast.
9. The Best in Black and Brown Contest is the sole property of the Courier Eco Latino newspaper. The Courier Eco Latino reserves the right to, among other things, amend the process, judge entries and determine the validity of the nominations submitted. In the case of suspected fraudulent nomination, reserved rights and possible actions may include, without limitation: utilization of methods necessary to determine the validity of nominations; the removal of the category from the contest; disqualifying the fraudulent nominations; disqualifying the recipient of the fraudulent nominations in that category or any other; disqualifying that company from future contests for any period of time; and possible litigation.
10. Any amendments to the rules and regulations of these contests will be published on this site.